Automotive / Transportation Applications: ULTEM resins provide automotive manufacturers with a high performance, chemically resistant, thermally-stable, cost-effective alternative to metal that is strong enough to replace steel in some applications and light enough to replace aluminum in others. For applications like transmission components, throttle bodies, ignition components, sensors and thermostat housings,
Electrical / Electronics Applications: ULTEM resin may be an excellent material choice for today’s demanding electrical applications, including connectors, MCB components like housings, shafts and levers, hard disk drive internals, FOUP’s, BiTS, PCB’s, MCCB internals, Plenum devices, LCD projector internals, fuel cell components and many other applications.
- Diameter: 1.75mm (+/- 0.05mm)
- Color: Black
Recommended Print Conditions:
- Extruder Temp: 360 - 390°C (all-metal extruder)
- Bed Temp: 140 - 160°C
- Bed Prep: PEI tape, Polyimide Tape, Lightly sanded FR4 or Perf board.
- Nozzle: We strongly recommend a 0.4mm orifice or larger using one of A2 Hardened Nozzles
- Layer Height: Ideal layer height is 60% of nozzle diameter. We do not recommend printing layers below 0.25mm with carbon fiber grades. Lower than 0.25mm may create too much back pressure in the hot end and result in poor feeding, jams, drive gear clicking, and eating a notch into the filament.
- Drying Instructions: Please see the following instructions for when you want to dry out this filament.
ULTEM is a registered trademark of Sabic Innovative Plastics.
3DXTECH manufactures this filament using a custom-formulated carbon fiber reinforced compound made using ULTEM PEI resin.