FluorX PVDF 3D Filament
PVDF Polyvinylidene fluoride is a high-performance polymer which offers exceptional thermal and chemical resistances.
Rated for uses up to 130°C – this filament can be used in demanding applications under the most extreme conditions. PVDF is resistant to most chemicals and solvents, making it a great fit for applications which will be exposed to harsh environments.
Benefits of PVDF Include:
- High Thermal Properties: 130°C CUT
- Excellent resistance to a broad range of chemicals, such as automotive fluids, oils, gas, lubricants, fully halogenated hydrocarbons, alcohols, acids, and bases
- Non-hygroscopic, does not absorb moisture. No drying needed!
- Inherently UV-resistant with very stable H-F bonds.
- Low smoke and flame characteristics with a base resin rated V-0
- Long-term hydrolytic stability
- Resistant to nuclear radiation
- Very good abrasion resistance – similar to Nylon and UHMW-PE for high-wear applications
1.75mm and 2.85mm +/- 0.05mm in diameter
Recommended Print Settings:
- Extruder: Between 245 and 265°C depending on your printer. Some need to get as high as 280°C.
- Platform Temp: 90 – 110°C
- Other: No or slow cooling fan. Print with speeds of 40-60mm/s as a good starting point.
- Drying Instructions: PVDF doesn’t absorb moisture, and doesn’t need drying!
- Safety note: This polymer starts to degrade and break down at temps above 290°C. Please keep your extruder temperature below that point to avoid degradation, offgassing, and mechanical property loss.